Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Gareon Conley Is A Suspect In An Investigation of Sexual Assault

Hotel suite living room in the Doubletree Hote...
Hotel suite living room in the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Columbus, Ohio. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Gareon Conley, a Former Ohio State corner back, has been named a suspect in a sexual assault investigation.

Recent news reported that the incident took place at a hotel in Cleveland two weeks ago, but only said that a known first round NFL Draft prospect was involved in the incident. The past 24 hours have been full of speculation because of how the news was initially reported.

According to the police report, a 23 year old woman is accusing Gareon Conley of trying to force her to have a sexual encounter in the bathroom of a hotel suite on April 9. The police also interviewed two more individuals, who identified as friends of Conley, at the hotel suite. The woman, however, refused to speak to the police after going to a local hospital.

A Cleveland Police Department spokesperson told reporters that no warrant has been delivered and no formal charges were filed against Conley. The Cleveland Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Unit continues the sexual assault investigation. The department has not released further information.

Conley attended Massillon Washington High School before his three years in Columbus and worked out in the Cleveland area prior to the draft. He became a regular for Ohio State's 2016 College Football Playoff team and had been considered a first round 2017 NFL Draft pick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Sports Stuff from Amazon

BrutusReport - Latest Articles

Infolinks In Text Ads